Programmable Internet


Cloudflare has been messing with the internet for three times straight last two weeks or so, it started to get really annoying. I literally couldn't access anything I was using when it went down: neither Medium, nor my crypto exchange, Discord, Steemit etc.​So I've read a few articles and discovered the concept of the Programmable Internet. A kind of combination of blockchain tech with IPv6 and segment routing in order to create cheap and efficient content delivery network, i.e. improving speed and quality of data transmission from software point of view. There is a working prototype already called "NOIA cache"My question is: can this work? And can this help from problems caused by cloudflare? I'd really love to hear from someone who understands internet architecture, it's totally not my area of expertise. via /r/technology https://ift.tt/2S0p22M

Popular Posts