Facebook NEVER deletes your account data


I had joined Facebook in 2009 and got fed up of it so I deleted my account after two years. During that time I had added friends and done a lot of activity which Facebook had kept a record of.When I proceeded for deletion back then I was specifically told that all my account data will be deleted and if I wanted to cancel the deletion request I could reactivate using my email and password within 14 days. On the 15th day the "account does not exist message" appeared due to which I was of the impression that it's truly gone.Fast forward to 2019 and me being stupid I joined Facebook back using the sign up option but with my old email Id and I was in for a shock. Even though all my friends were gone the About section still showed that I had joined in 2009 and the suggestions which appeared on the screen were all related to my friends who I was with back then in '09. That implies for almost a decade Facebook had kept my information on their servers and gave me the illusion that my data was deleted.This is a breach of ethics and gaming the system while creating own manipulated privacy rules to gain traction and profiting from data. And this time I won't even bother deleting my profile because it has always been sitting on this fucking company's servers in the first place . via /r/technology http://bit.ly/2D5sJOJ

Popular Posts