Living the 80s dream...


I've just finished eating my evening meal, which was ordered on my glass slabbed personal assistant device, paid for with my fingerprint, and from order to door was a total of 8 minutes.8 minutes. Order... To door.I watched the delivery driver arrive on my wirelessly connected camera overlooking the front of my home, using my glass slabbed personal assistant device.I turned the floor lamp on and lowered the brightness of the ceiling pendant using only my voice, casually, in my living room whilst sitting down. Flawlessly.I accessed a library of films and TV shows on my wafer thin large screen TV, with no physical copy needed, and it played in a resolution nearly that of life itself. Instantly.And I am debating ordering Red Dead Redemption 2 to be delivered before midnight. Because I can do that in the world I'm living in.And the point of this? A sudden realisation that I'm living in the future I saw as a child. A future of tech integrated into my life able to control everything at my behest.I'm living my 80s dreams... And that's fucking awesome.TL;DR My tech infused life is the one I dreamt of as a kid! via /r/technology https://ift.tt/2yzlImr

Popular Posts